Posted: 22-Apr-2022 - Open until filled.
Salary: £23,000–£26,000 pa depending on experience
Holiday: 28 incl. bank hols + Xmas closure
Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Remote working.
Pelagic Publishing seek a highly motivated person to join our remote working team of four. The Marketing Coordinator works on a wide range of book projects across two publishing imprints (one in natural history and the other in the humanities) and multiple subject areas, and is responsible for all marketing and publicity relating to our books.
- Delivering the greatest possible impact in marketing and publicity for every title.
- Maintaining an active and engaged social media presence.
- Creating effective marketing campaigns for books, series, promotions and events.
- Ensuring book metadata is up-to-date.
- Social media – creating and posting social media graphics and text.
- Managing galley and review copies – researching and pitching potential publications/reviewers, keeping track of review copies and sharing review information.
- Conferences and events – research and preparation for conferences and events.
- Bibliographic data – updating databases and websites with new and improved metadata.
- Author updates – keeping authors/editors updated on their book’s marketing and publicity.
- Print marketing – booking and preparing flyers, catalogues and advertising.
- Sales information – preparing and sending title information to sales reps and trade customers.
- Email marketing – creating and sending email newsletters.
- Reporting – providing metrics on the status and success of marketing activities.
- Website admin – processing website sales and dealing with customer service queries relating to website sales.
- A love of books.
- Ability to plan activity across multiple projects, often as many as 30-40 books at a time, at various stages of publication.
- Comfortable working on online platforms/databases and using a number of web-based software tools to get things done.
- Experience using social media (e.g. Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) as a marketing tool.
- Ready to work remotely and communicate with colleagues via e.g. chat and video calls.
- Experience with basic graphics preparation and using graphics online.
- Bias for action – able to research new projects, methods/tools, get started and iterate based on results and feedback.
- Ability to produce appropriate and accurate written content/communications.
- Knowledge of marketing – ideally books or academic focus.
If you are unsure if your experience/skills match the role, but keen to work with us, then please get in touch regardless of specific previous experience.
- Knowledge of either the natural history or humanities academic landscape.
- Book industry knowledge.
- Database experience and/or data handling.
- Graphic design.
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Marketing Coordinator 2022' explaining why you want to work for Pelagic and what attracts you to book marketing. Please include:
- Your CV.
- The content of a pitch email to a journalist offering a review copy of one of our books.
- Anything else that demonstrates your suitability for the role.
We may not respond to all email applicants; please assume you have not been successful if you do not hear back from us within a week.