We publish books for scientists, conservationists, ecologists, wildlife enthusiasts – anyone with a passion for understanding and exploring the natural world. Working closely with authors and organisations we are publishing books which:
- Deliver cutting-edge knowledge, published rapidly in traditional and eBook formats.
- Promote best-practice in research techniques and management methods.
- Encourage and assist practical wildlife investigation and field exploration.
- Bridge the gap between scientific theory and practical implementation.
- Share wildlife experiences.
- Promote taxonomic and identification skills.
- Highlight the use of technology in science and wildlife exploration.
Pelagic | pɪˈladʒɪk | relating to the open sea. Via the Latin pelagicus, derived from the Greek pelagikos, itself from pélagos (πέλαγος), which means 'deep or open sea'.
Pelagic Publishing is a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number 07276651). PO Box 725, Exeter, EX1 9QU, UK. VAT registration: GB996639443.
A Brief History of Pelagic Publishing
Pelagic Publishing Ltd was founded in 2010 by Nigel Massen to tackle the lack of practical books available on ecology and conservation.